Thursday, August 17, 2006

Family Updates

I know it's been awhile since I've posted here, but life just doesn't seem to slow down. If anything, it is speeding up now that Zach is crawling EVERYWHERE and trying to walk. I am so tempted to buy him a helmet -- he falls and bumps his head about 10 times a day and has 3 permanent bruises on his forehead. As soon as they start to heal, he bumps them all over again. He is so excited about his newfound mobility and it's great to see him so fearless (even though I have permanent agita)!

The other big news is that Zoe is 100% potty trained! This past weekend, she just decided that she was going to start pooping on the potty and she has been going ever since! We had been promising her a visit to the "ice cream store" if she pooped on the potty, so the first time she pooped over the weekend, we rushed right out. Zoe is smart, though, and every single time she goes now, she asks to go out for ice cream. She will even sit there and force out the tiniest turd just so she can beg for ice cream. We have decided to go back to the M&M bribe -- poop on the potty, get 2 M&Ms (with peeing it was 1 M&M), just to keep her excited about it. I did take her to the toy store, though, and let her pick out any toy she wanted for being totally potty trained. She picked out a very cool Buzz Lightyear action figure. I was so proud, she completely walked past the Barbie aisle and went right for the dinosaur and action figure aisle!

And finally, Zachary has become an eating MACHINE. This child eats like crazy now, which is a refreshing change from his 2-month eating boycott surrounding his stomach flu. He had his first piece of pizza yesterday at daycare and his teachers told me in amazement that he ate 3 entire pancakes for breakfast. His favorite foods these days are yogurt, cheese, tofu, blueberries and sweet potatoes. I'm so proud of his healthy choices (not that he has much of a choice)!

No comments: