
Zach Is Standing!

Yes, that is right. Zachary Jude, who is not even crawling yet, has started to pull himself up to stand. When I went to visit him at daycare today at lunchtime, he was standing up, holding onto a play arch and looking mighty proud of himself. Of course, he fell right on his butt and started crying, but I helped him stand up again...and again...and again. His teachers said all he has wanted to do all day is stand! It sure would be nice if he started walking because it is absolutely killing my back to lug his 22 pound body around.
Zoe Is a Fish and a Flirt

All Memorial Day weekend was spent in the small pool on our deck. Zoe wore nothing but her bathing suit the entire weekend. She had absolutely no interest in her new swingset or in helping Daddy plant flowers. She got in a bit of trouble, though, when she decided to pour a bucket of water on Zach's head while he sat in the pool with her. I didn't have the heart to take a picture of his sobbing, wet face!
We went to the doctor yesterday for Zach (just a follow-up visit) and in the waiting room there was a little 4-year old boy. Well, Zoe went right up to him and started talking and then ran back over to me, exclaiming, "Mommy! I'm talking to a cute little boy!" Zoe was heartbroken when the affair ended 5 minutes later. And I promptly enrolled her in the local convent.
Finally, this picture pretty much sums up our hot and lazy Memorial Day weekend:
No comments:
Post a Comment