Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Pooltime Fun


Grandma and Grandpa Sweet bought the kids a very nice, perfect kid-sized pool for our deck. It's even big enough for "mommy and daddy" to get in with the kids, but I won't share photos of that!

Zoe's first bathing suit got way too stretched out, so we hit up Old Navy's end-of-summer sale (even though it is only JULY...HELLO) and got her a very cute tankini for $2. The bargain made my day. Zoe originally picked out a very teeny, ruffly bikini which I immediately said "NO" to and, to avoid a meltdown, I quickly picked out this one and told her it was just like a bikini because it had 2 pieces. She calls it her "zucchini suit." It's hilarious.

The big news these days is that Zach finally started crawling, after several months of rolling and scooting and commando-crawling. He is nonstop, I can't leave him alone for a second. He has already gotten behind the couch, tried to get into every cord we have hidden or covered, and just knocks down everything he can get his slimy little hands on. Poor Zoe has had to abandon her love of tower-building for now. She also loves screaming at the top of her lungs, "NO ZACH DON'T DO THAT!" And then he pulls out a fistful of her hair. And then she pushes him over. Then he screams. I know it's all out of love.

No comments: