Zachary had his first trip to the ER last night. He came down with a really severe stomach flu and was throwing up and having nonstop diarrhea for close to 24 hours. He couldn't keep anything down and was refusing to drink and became dehydrated very quickly. So we got to spend several hours at Children's Hospital, where Zach had an IV of fluids pumped into him to get his hydration levels back up. I don't think he'll ever forgive me for letting the doctors do that to him. I had to keep distracting him with the camera flash on my cell phone.Today he is a little bit better, but getting him to drink anything is still a challenge. And his wet diapers are few and far between. I've been force-feeding him Pedialyte with a medicine dropper every 10 minutes and trying to shove some rice cereal in him to "plug him up." It's breaking my heart to see him feel so awful, even though I am doing everything I can to make him better.
We're hoping the worst is over and that the diarrhea will ease up so that he isn't losing so much fluid. The last thing I want to do is have to take him back to the ER and have them hook up another IV.
Think good thoughts!
1 comment:
Poor Zachababy. I hope he feels better soon! Did the doctors say how long until that will be?
Give him big kisses and hugs from us!
Post a Comment