A smart, educated and normally-proportioned college student took it upon herself to create a life-sized version of Barbie. If Barbie was brought to life, she would be 6 feet tall and have the measurements 39/18/33. Yeah, that's what we want our daughters to aspire to look like and our sons to aspire to bang.
Her head, and therefore her brain, are appropriately smaller than normal.
I only owned one Barbie my whole life--Barbie and the Rockers Barbie (the brunette, of course).
When I got it, I was in my Pat Benatar phase (like every 8-year old goes through), so I cut all her hair off and colored it red with a permanent marker. And being the idolized big sister I thought I was, I did the same to my little sister's platinum blonde Barbie. She, in return, took her Poochie stamper and defaced my life-sized Michael J. Fox poster that I kissed goodnight every evening. I remember standing in front of my poster, sobbing and apologizing to Michael J., trying to blot the stamp ink off with a cotton ball. It was a very traumatic point in my childhood and it was all Barbie's fault.


No comments:
Post a Comment